Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Bad gifts, I get them every year. I suppose many of you do too. I'm not complaining, but I am pointing out this is something in which we must contend with at this wonderous time of year.

For one of my Christmas gifts I received the dreaded "Not another coffee mug!" It was possibly the ugliest coffee cup I have ever seen in my entire life. Sorta like the mother on the
movie Christmas Story stating, "Without a dout, that is the ugliest lamp I've ever seen!"

Now, I love the person who gave this mug to me, but for some reason after knowing me for almost 20 years, they still don't have a clue what I like!! I would have even preferred a nice CD, DVD, or the ole stand by of chocolate! How about, at the very least a chocolate candy filled coffee mug! Well, there's always next year.

Maybe this article by Andrew Tallman can alleviate some of the burden of dealing with bad gifts.

No comments: